Looking for at-home ideas to keep kids busy, happy, and learning? We've curated family-friendly themed activities around the theme of dinosaurs to help! Here is a sample schedule to help you brainstorm ideas that will work best for your family:
This week, find your family fun® with the JURASSIC PERIOD.
Ingredients: no-spread cookie mix, cookie-cutter, toy dinosaurs
1. Make your favorite batch of no-spread cookie dough.
2. While the dough is raw, use toy dinosaurs to imprint various shapes. REMOVE the dinosaur before baking!
3. Bake cookies according to the recipe directions.
BooksDon’t Forget Dexter! By Lindsay T. Ward
No, No Dinos! Peek and Counting Book by Bendon
Noisy Dinosaurs by Jonathan Litton
Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug by Jonathan Stutzman
Supplies needed: baking soda, water, gel food coloring, plastic dinosaurs
Paper Plate Dino
Supplies needed: paper plate, paper tube, coloring supplies, googly eyes, glue
1. Color the front and back sides of a paper plate.
2. Cut the plate in half. Save one half for the body. Use the other half to cut out spikes, head, and tail.
3. Cut paper tube in half. Cut slits wide enough to attach the dino's body.
Supplies needed: paint, black permanent marker, paper, embellishments
1. Add paint to the palm of your child’s hand.
2. With fingers spread apart, gently press your child's hand onto a sheet of paper like a stamp.
3. Use extra paint and embellishments to add features like spikes or a tail.
Download your FREE printable postcards here.
Print the designs on cardstock paper. Color and cut out your artwork. Address and stamp your postcards, and then send them to family and friends or take a picture and message the postcard to them for an instant connection!
Want to show us your celebration of the Jurassic period? We'd love to see your photos! Be sure to tag @macaronikid on social media!
Sarah Hauge is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Englewood, Greenwood Village, Centennial Colo.
Looking for more family-friendly events in the Wilkes-Barre and surrounding areas? Then you've come to the right place.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly email newsletter of events, crafts, recipes, giveaways, and more!
Don't forget to tell your friends! Thank you!!