Looking for at-home ideas to keep kids busy, happy, and learning? We've curated family-friendly themed activities around the theme of colors to help! Here is a sample schedule to help you brainstorm ideas that will work best for your family:
This week, find your family fun® with the COLOR SPECTRUM.
Ingredients: Gelatin, water, evaporated milk, whipped topping
1. Mix gelatin according to the directions.
2. Layer thinly in a clear dish. Make sure each layer is completely set before starting the next color.
3. Top with your favorite whipped topping.
Optional: To make pastel layers, mix in a splash of evaporated milk.
BooksThe Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
Monsters Love Colors by Mike Austin
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
Supplies needed: clear cups, food dye (red, yellow, blue), paper towels
1. Fill alternating cups 2/3 full of water.
2. Add food coloring to the filled cups.
3. Fold paper towels and bridge them between cups.
4. Observe the results over time.
Want to show us your celebration of the color spectrum? We'd love to see your photos! Be sure to tag Macaroni Kid on social media so we can see how you've combined learning and fun in your home.
Sarah Hauge is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Englewood-Greenwood Village-Centennial, Colo.
Looking for more family-friendly events in the Wilkes-Barre and surrounding areas? Then you've come to the right place.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly email newsletter of events, crafts, recipes, giveaways, and more!
Don't forget to tell your friends! Thank you!!